Brian Borgman is the founding pastor of Grace Community Church. He earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Biola University (La Mirada, CA), a Master of Divinity from Western Conservative Baptist Seminary (Portland, OR) and a Doctor of Ministry from Westminster Seminary (Escondido, CA) and a ThM from Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary in Historical Theology.
Brian and his wife Ariel have been married since 1987. They have three wonderful children, Ashley, Zach and Alex and three grandsons.
Publications by Brian Borgman
- My Heart For Thy Cause: Albert N. Martin’s Theology of Preaching (Christian Focus Publications, 2002);
- Feelings & Faith: Culivating Godly Emotions in the Christian Life
- Spiritual Warfare: A Biblical and Balanced Perspective, with Rob Ventura (Reformation Heritage Books, 2014)
- After They Are Yours: The Grace and Grit of Adoption (Cruciform Press, 2014)
- An Exile’s Guide to Walking with God, Reflections on Psalm 119 (Free Grace Press, 2019)
- Contributor to the Women’s ESV Devotional Bible (Crossway, 2014)
- Contributor to The Reformation Heritage King James Study Bible (Reformation Heritage Books, 2014).
- Reformation and Revival Journal, Volume 11, Number 1, 2002 “Rethinking a Much Abused Text: 1 Corinthians 3:1-15” (69-91).
- The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology, Vol 12. No 1, Spring 2008. Review of Breaking the Idols of Your Heart: How to Navigate the Temptations of Life. By Dan Allender and Tremper Longman, Downers Grover, IL: Intervarsity (116-118).
- The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology, Vol 15 No 3, Fall 2011 “Redeeming the ‘Problem Child’: Qoheleth’s Message and Place in the Family of Scripture” (62-71).
Internet Articles and Reviews
- “I Love Thy Church, Oh God”
- Who is Sovereign: God or Us?”
- “Are Feelings Just the Caboose?”
- “Overcoming Fear, Anxiety and Worry”
- “Trembling Joy: Emotional Paradox in the Christian Life”
- “The Danger of Seeking Your Dream Church”
- Gospel Coalition Book Reviews
- “A Sincere and Pure Devotion by Sam Storms” Review by Brian Borgman (June 15, 2010)
- “The Making of an Atheist by James Spiegel” Review by Brian Borgman (Aug 10, 2010)
- “Exegetical Guide to the Greek New Testament: Colossians and Philemon by Murray Harris” Review by Brian Borgman (Aug 17, 2010)
- “Crossway ESV Bible Atlas” Review by Brian Borgman (Oct 1, 2010)
- “No Other Gospel by Josh Moody” Review by Brian Borgman (Jan 19, 2011)
- “Worship and the Reality of God by John Jefferson Davis” Review by Brian Borgman (Feb 22, 2011)
- “Thriving at College by Alex Chediak” Review by Brian Borgman (March 6, 2011)
- “Fighting Satan: Knowing His Weaknesses, Strategies, and Defeat by Joel Beeke” Review by Brian Borgman (Oct. 16, 2015).
- “Some Brief Thoughts On Bible Reading for Men”
- More reading available at our blog