Text: Genesis 16:1-16
Speaker: Brian Borgman
[Listen or Watch]
Sarai makes a terrible suggestion to help fulfill God’s promise of a son. Abram passively goes along with it. Hagar, an Egyptian woman, is brought into this mess. In spite of all this, God is faithful and merciful to the least likely suspect!
- What had just happened in Abram’s life, preceding this fiasco? Why is it important to remember this pattern?
- List as many parallels to the fall as you can (Gen. 3, Gen. 16)
- How did Hagar complicate an already complicated situation?
- List all of the mercies God showed to Hagar.
- What lessons do you see in the fact that the tension for the covenant people, Abram and Sarai, was unresolved.