Text: Genesis 18:16-33
Speaker: Brian Borgman
[Listen or Watch]
Abraham, the friend of God, is taken into God’s council and God reveals His plans for judgment against the wicked Sodom and Gomorrah. The friend of God then becomes the friend of sinners by praying.
- What are the two reasons God chooses to reveal His plan to Abraham?
- What does it mean that God has known Abraham? Give Scriptural support for your answer.
- Why does God “need” to go down to investigate?
- In Abraham’s petition, what was his twofold concern?
- What are the two major chords in this text?
- How does this text point us to Christ?